Monday, January 30, 2006

House plans for owner builders


Country plans has some nice simple plans for owner-builders. They have an active forum. Check out the articles, especially An Owner Built Home & Thought experiments; it's about a 60 year old guy that built his own house and how it's all in your head. Maybe I can do this when I'm 70. That leaves me 12 years to get situated.

This is the Victoria's Cottage, and I like the lofts with overlooks. I would want to have second floor decks too.

1 comment:

  1. Designing and building our own home has been very rewarding. It is a whole family project, part of our homeschooling and part of our shared family dream. In our case we'll be moving out of a big drafty, hard to maintain 200 year old farm house and into a efficient, small earth sheltered home - our tiny cottage.

    ReplyDelete