Saturday, September 17, 2005

Had a house

Pop's Mexican Rustic  
As you probably know, in Miami Cubans predominate, but there are also people from many other Spanish speaking countries. The other Latins have a nickname for the first generation Cubans, the "tuvos" or the used to haves, because they are always talking about what they used to have in Cuba. Well, I'm going to talk about what I used to have in Colombia. I had a house full of beautiful Spanish Colonial furniture.

I found a place that sells just about the same kind of furniture except they call it Mexican Rustic . Actually, mine was a little more rustic, because it didn't have glass in the hutch doors.

I love this kind of furniture, and I like solid wood furniture, which is hard to find here in the U.S. for any reasonable price. When I build my house, I hope to have some of this furniture in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment